Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hello... back again...

Whoa, quite a break from the blog (again....)

Just popped in to show you my latest quilt.

It's one ring from Denyse Schmidt's single girl pattern, surrounded by cream linen.




I quilted it with simple (almost) straight lines, and it's bound in a grey honeycomb dot.





I rummage through my scrap bin to find lots of interesting i-spy type of fabrics, there's a London bus, a sock monkey, a mermaid and a goldfish mixed in with some pretty florals. The backing is Old Lace Shasta in Pink from the Glamping collection by Mary Jane for Moda.



The quilt is for sale at Afterglow in Olney, Northants.


It's only a small baby quilt, but I love it. Every time I finish a quilt I have a yearning to make more - but there are only 24 hours in a day, three small people to entertain, a house to clean and five mouths to feed...... oh and piles upon piles of laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment